Sparkster (スパークスター Supākusutā) is the eponymous character and main protagonist of the Rocket Knight Series. He fights through hordes of enemies and saved his homeland, the Kingdom of Zephyrus, multiple times.
Sparkster is an opossum knight that wears blue armor, and wields a sword that can shoot energetic shots of fire. He wears goggles to protect his eyes during flight. He has a rocket pack on his back, and uses it for combat or for getting to places. Under the armor, Sparkster used to wear a type of tan suit, and then changed to black.
In the second game, Sparkster can obtain a legendary armor by collecting the six pieces of the sacred sword. In this form his armor turns gold, as he becomes stronger and his rocket charges faster. This form is necessary to obtain the game's true ending. It would reappear again in Rocket Knight as an unlockable skin.
Not much to know about Sparkster's personality, as it isn't explored much within the series, though in manuals such as the Rocket Knight Adventures instruction manual describes him brave, but also having a careless side which he can be easily fooled with such praise or flattery.
Sparkster's story takes place in the world of Elhorn in the Kingdom of Zephyrus. Sparkster was a child when his parents were murdered in a war. He was sent to an orphanage, and was adopted by Mifune Sanjulo. Mifune wasn't just some guy, he was a Rocket Knight Master. He taught Sparkster the ways of being a Rocket Knight. There was another, Axel Gear, who hated Sparkster, and he attacked and killed Master Mifune. Sparkster battled with Axel Gear and banished him from the kingdom. Axel Gear fled, and wasn't seen again for some time.
Rocket Knight Adventures
After many years of peace, something was happening. The vile pig soldiers of the Devotindos Empire were invading Zephyrus! They attacked civilians, and raided the castle. Sparkster, without a moment to lose, jeted into action. He fought his way to the castle, only to find that Axel gear was kidnapping Princess Sherry! Sparkster tried to stop Axel, but it was no use. Axel got away with the princess in an airship. The extremely powerful blast of the engines blew Sparkster out into the mountains.
Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2
Rocket Knight 2010
- Rocket Knight Adventures (1993)
- Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2 (1994)
- Sparkster (SNES) (1994)
- Rocket Knight (2010)
- Ganbare Goemon 2: Kiteretsu Shogun Magginesu (1993)
- Snatcher (1994)
- Jikkyou Power Pro Wrestling '96: Max Voltage (1996)
- Mitsumete Knight (1998)
- Contra: Shattered Soldier (2002)
- New International Track & Field (2008)
- Krazy Kart Racing (2009)
- Last of the Rocket Knights Issue #1 (1995)
- During Sparkster's development he was originally named "Blaster".
- The Japanese Commercial for Rocket Knight Adventures is the first time that Sparkster was presented with a voice.
- Sparkster is the only character so far in the Rocket Knight series to appear outside of his games through cameos and a few playable roles.
- He not only poses as a Secret Boss in Mitsumete Knight, he also runs a Secret Shop if you manage to beat him (New Game+).
- This is the second time Sparkster was given a voice. He and Pierrot share the exact same voice actor: Kazuya Nakai. Sparkster's name wasn't listed within the Credits to (most likely) prevent spoilers.